BUILDING PERMIT PROCESS
- Applicant completes application, including the building application form, contractor’s responsibilities, and drawings (3 sets of drawings), manufactured home placement form (if applicable), and a plot plan. Application forms are available at Lincoln County, City offices, or online at Lincoln County Building Applications.
- Applicant submits an application to Lincoln County Building Department, located at 210 SW Second Street, Newport, OR 97365
- County reviews application to ensure all information has been submitted, and then forwards the application to the City.
- City reviews the application for compliance with code standards, water and sewer availability, and determines the applicable System Development Charges (SDCs) and water/sewer hook-up fees. Applicant submits water/sewer SDCs and hook-up form and pays required fees to the City.
- Once the application is approved by the City and the applicant pays all required SDCs and hook-up fees, the City forwards the application to the County.
- Lincoln County reviews the application for structural, electrical, plumbing, and mechanical improvements. Once the County approves the application, they contact the applicant to pick up the building permit and pay the County fees. Inspections are scheduled with the County at (541) 265-4192.