The mission of the Engineering Division is to provide information, analysis, planning, and engineering services in a professional, innovative, cost-effective manner while working in partnership with citizens, the City Council, City departments, and external agencies to construct, maintain, and enhance public works systems in an ever-changing environment.
The Engineering Division is responsible for:
- Ensuring public improvements are consistent with established City standards, community goals, and State and Federal standards where applicable
- Providing accurate and understandable technical assistance and responsive customer service
- Providing project management and design services so that informed decisions can be made about municipal infrastructure, improvements, and environmental issues
- Participating in departmental response to Federal mandates
- Working with related services such as Building Permit / Plan review
Public Infrastructure Design Criteria – DRAFT